Welcome to the MEC
The MEC, which is located at 129 North Main Street in Marysville, is Union County’s center for innovation and entrepreneurial development.
The MEC is available to anyone needing help with developing their business concept; business plans, marketing techniques and business strategies. The MEC also provides office space and flexible workspace and is the location of a number of educational seminars, programs, Jellies, and other networking events.
Small businesses are the fastest growing segment in American commerce and they create 98 percent of all new jobs. However, over 50 percent of all small businesses fail in the first year, often because entrepreneurs fail to consider start-up costs and fixed expenses of operation. To support entrepreneurship in Union County and foster “grassroots” economic development, the Marysville Entrepreneurial Center (MEC) was created in 2008 in partnership with the Union County Commissioners, Union County Community Improvement Corporation (CIC), Ohio Small Business Development Center, and TechColumbus.
MEC “FirsTuesdays” are hosted every first Tuesday of the month from 9:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. at our downtown location at 129 North Main Street in Marysville, Ohio. Visitors are welcome to drop in and grab one of our Hot Spot locations to work awhile, enjoy some networking throughout the day, and attend one of our scheduled educational events on numerous small business topics. So, load up your backpack with your wireless devices and make some valuable connections.
While visiting the MEC, enjoy:
- The MEC is typically open on weekdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm (tenants have 24/365 access)
- Free and convenient parking street-side or within a block
- Free use of the facility Wi-Fi
- A tour of the MEC office and Hot Spot spaces, including information on availability
On MEC FirsTuesdays, enjoy above plus:
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – MEC FirsTuesday
- Free training programs to enhance your personal skills and business development knowledge (MEC Calendar)
- Complimentary lunch sponsored by Boston’s from 11:30a.m. to 12:30p.m., along with refreshments throughout the day
- Networking with other local entrepreneurs
- Meeting with the MEC team – Chaz Freutel or Corrie Bott
You are always encouraged to just drop in on FirsTuesdays, but it’s helpful for a food and refreshments count to know who and how many to expect. So, we ask that you register for each individual attending on the Meetup calendar, found on our “Events” page.